Pit stains can create a not-so-mellow yellow on even your newest white shirts making them look dingy and dirty before their time. Luckily, you don’t have to hang your favorite top out to dry just yet. Give your glands a break and follow our easy guide.
Our Dirty Little Secret
Here’s a fun fact: eliminating the unsightly pit stain was one of our first missions in creating our line of laundry & fabric care products. And lucky for you, we accomplished our goal.
Your Ultimate No-sweat Solution
A result of natural body oils, deodorant, and fabric absorption, everyone is prone to the yellowing of their favorite tees – no one is exempt, no matter how ladylike you are. By following our exclusive “pit stain” recipe, you can restore your tops to new without breaking a sweat.
- Apply The Laundress Stain Solution & The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative directly to the underarm areas.
- Pour hot water onto the mixture to dissolve and activate The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative beads.
- Work the solution into the fabric with The Laundress Stain Brush.
- Presoak the top in a bath of hot water and The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative for at least one hour.
- If the stain isn't fully removed once the soaking is completed, don't sweat it! It often takes two to three tries before complete removal.
- Once satisfied, finish by laundering as normal with either The Laundress Signature Detergent or The Laundress Whites Detergent
This process is recommended for treating durable fibers such as cotton, linen, and some synthetic materials. The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative should not be used on silks, woolens, or leathers.
The Laundress Product of Perfection
While our bleaches are made with hydrogen peroxide, The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative is a 100% sodium percarbonate, chlorine-free oxygen bleach that has no artificial dye and is color safe. It also features beads that activate on contact making it more effecting than liquid bleaches, which are pre-activated in packaging.