Behind every great party there is an even better host! Lindsey doesn't just have a knack for her laundry solutions, but her beautiful parties, too. She’s spilling her party secrets and supplying you with the tips and tools that will ensure any party’s success. See how she utilizes all five senses to create an elegant environment for her guests and, get an inside look at all the things that made Lindsey’s birthday bash possibly the best yet, from prep to pick-up.
1. READING INSPIRATION | TINY HOTDOGS by MARY GIULIANI
Lindsey loved reading this book for some endearing hostess inspiration. Another great read on tips for curating a meaningful event is the Art of Gathering.
2. HELPING HAND | NICOLE CATAFFO
Tap an event specialist or grab a friend to help plan and your party. Bounce creative ideas off each other and make magic happen!
3. REDUCE ODORS | SCENTED VINEGAR, THE LAUNDRESS
Cooking can create a mixture of odors around the home. Set out a bowl of Scented Vinegar to neutralize odors throughout the rooms so guests enter a fresh home.
4. GIVE IT A SPRITZ | HOME SPRAY, THE LAUNDRESS
Before guests arrive, spray upholstery and entertaining areas with Home Spray. Also, keep one in the bathroom!
5. GET CREATIVE
Play with height when putting together a tablescape or grazing table. Pro tip: cake stands aren't just for cake!
6. FRESHEN YOUR LINENS | IRONING KIT, THE LAUNDRESS
Use Ironing Water and Crease Release to get fresh, wrinkle-free table linens, napkins, pillows, curtains and more!
7. GET YOUR GLOW ON | RED CARPET FACIAL, TRACIE MARTYN and FULL GLAM, WESTMAN ATELIER
Treat yourself with a pre-party facial to make sure your skin is glowing when guests arrive. Glam up with Westman Atelier’s products for the ultimate party look.
1. DRESS TO IMPRESS | FABRIC FRESH, THE LAUNDRESSM
Avoid panic and get ready to glam it up by laying out your party outfit the night before: freshen up Johanna Ortiz gowns and your favorite Manolos with Fabric Fresh
2. GOT A WISHLIST? | NECKLACE, MUNNU THE GEM PALACE
Ladies, frost yourselves! Everyone has a birthday wishlist… Lindsey’s dropping hints on this gorgeous gem palace necklace.
3. PICTURE PERFECT
Create your own photobooth or backdrop that matches your party theme and snap some amazing memories with loved ones.
4. SWEET TREATS | HAND-PRESSED SUGAR COOKIES, THE MERINGUE BAKE SHOP
Life is short…eat your dessert! Be sure to have sweets available from the beginning—offering at the end is a closer. A cookie artisan from Meringue Bake Shop hand pressed these Domestic Goddess cookies!
5. TEQUILA TIME | COPAS TEQUILA
Cocktails…a party essential. Copas Organic Tequila will hit the spot at cocktail o’clock. Make your rounds with delicious treats so your guests can enjoy themselves and have goodies on hand.
6. PERSONALIZE YOUR PARTY
Pick something personal and carry it out to delight your guests with something sweet and refreshing.
7. KEEP IT MOVING | PLAYLIST by Lindsey Boyd
Listen to Lindsey’s very own playlist from her Domestic Goddess Fiesta. Making your own playlist will take your party to the next level - not to mention, keep you and your guests dancing all night
8. SURPRISE AND DELIGHT | KATHERINE MOFFETT
Keep your guests on their toes with unexpected entertainment. Lindsey had illustrator Katherine Moffett create original paintings of her family and guests.
9. SAY THANKS | CLEAN CLUTCH THE LAUNDRESS
Send guests home with a thoughtful party favor. Lindsey sent her guests home with a “Clean Clutch” filled with travel sized Crease Release, Fabric Fresh, Stain Solution and Delicate Wash, but the birthday fiesta doesn't have to end there! Continue Lindsey’s birthday celebration with 25% Off and get a FREE Clean Clutch with purchase. Use code LETSPARTY. Offer ends July 29th .
10. LIGHT IT UP | JOHN DERIAN CAKE CANDLES
Is it even a party without a birthday cake and candles? Celebrate the birthday in a big way without having to deal with leftovers with these artisanal John Derian Cake Candles. They're candles that look like realistic cakes!
1. DONATE FLOWERS | REPEAT ROSES
Flowers are still beautiful even after the party is over. Find somewhere to donate flowers, like Repeat Roses, and brighten hospitals, nursing homes, and shelters.
2. SLIP INTO SOMETHING COMFORTABLE | CHEETAH PONY HAIR CROSSOVER SANDAL, JENNI KAYNE
Once the party is over, it's time to master the cleanup (we like to call it the after party). Trade those heels in for something cozy and comfortable as you check off your to-do list and wind down.
3. BREAK OUT THE BROOM | HORSE HAIR BROOM THE LAUNDRESS
Swiftly sweep up confetti, crumbs, and more while saving energy with our Horse Hair Broom.
4. WASH AND DRY | THE LAUNDRESS
Time to eliminate caked-on food, grease, and leftover residue. With our Dish Detergent, Glass & Crystal Cleaning Brush and Lint-Free Cleaning Cloths, doing the dishes will be a piece of cake.
5. REMOVE STAINS | STAIN SOLUTION, THE LAUNDRESS
The Boyd household uses linen napkins for every occasion to cut down on paper waste - there's no stain The Laundress can't conquer!
6. CLEAN YOUR BEAUTIFUL MESSES | SURFACE CLEANER, THE LAUNDRESS
Get spotless countertops with our Surface Cleaner, specially made to clean every type of surface.
7. & 8. RESTORE | RESURFACING MASK, TATA HARPER and BODY LOTION, LORD JONES
It's common to have your head buzzing and muscles aching after a long day. De-stress and relax by treating yourself with a rejuvenating mask and CBD body lotion to bring your skin back to that pre-party glow.
9. HANGOVER NO MORE | EFFERVESCENT TABLET, 8 GREENS
Ward off inevitable hangovers with Lindsey’s favorite hangover cure.
10. & 11. RELAX AND UNWIND | LADY CANDLE, THE LAUNDRESS and ESSENTIAL OILS, doTERRA
Essential oils, particularly lavender and chamomile are a great way to help you destress from the party. Add to your diffuser for a relaxing atmosphere and light a candle for your own wind down.