It’s the most wonderful time of the year and call us bias, but New York is one of the best places to celebrate the season. Resident New Yorkers and Laundress Co-Founders, Gwen & Lindsey, share their top ways to celebrate in the city.
1. HOLIDAY DINNER | THE 21 CLUB
The atmosphere always feels especially festive.
2. FROM MOZART TO MESSIAH | THE CHORAL SOCIETY AT GRACE CHURCH
A Christmas concert at this beautiful church always puts Gwen in the mood to celebrate.
3. GARDEN SHOPPING | MARDERS, BRIDGEHAMPTON
Visiting the holiday shop at her favorite garden store always makes the list of Gwen’s holiday musts.
4. CREATING HOLIDAY WINDOWS | THE LAUNDRESS SOHO
Gwen always enjoys doing the store windows, but this time of year is one of her favorites for dressing up The Laundress SoHo's display.
5. SHOPPING FOR FESTIVE FOLIAGE | THE FLOWER DISTRICT
This is one of the best places to shop for festive foliage and décor. It’s also fun to visit the floral supply shops for special touches like ribbon and lights.
1. FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE | SERENDIPITY
The frozen hot chocolate here is delicious and the shop is dressed up beautifully for the holidays.
2. CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPPING | SOHO TREES
Lindsey usually goes upstate to cut a Christmas tree but this year, she may visit a NYC staple, SoHo Trees.
3. WINDOW SHOPPING | 5th AVENUE
Lindsey loves to scope out the window displays at Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel and Barney’s.
4. RADIO CITY CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR | RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
This family tradition is great for all ages and not to be missed.
5. ICE SKATING | CENTRAL PARK
Ice skating in Central Park with the city skyline as a backdrop is such a treat. There are also great rinks at The Standard Hotel in SoHo and Rockefeller Center.