Cleaning Hosiery the Right Way
When you find that perfect pair of tights, you want to make them last. And there's nothing that wears gorgeous hosiery down like careless laundering. To celebrate our collaboration with Wade + Belle (Gwen and Lindsey's favorite tights) we are showing you how the right cleaning routine for washing delicates can lend legs to your best basics. Keep your tights clean and make them last longer with these helpful tips from the experts at The Laundress.
Get a Leg Up on Lasting Beauty
From sheer to opaque and nylon to spandex, keep every pair of pantyhose looking fresh and new by treating them properly. With the proper care you can maintain color, elasticity, and fabric integrity for longer than you ever thought possible. Follow these simple steps to keep your favorite delicates as gorgeous as the first day you bought them.
Go for a Touch Up
Before laundering, treat any stains by applying The Laundress Stain Solution directly to the problem area or wetting and working The Laundress Wash & Stain Bar into deep dirt areas.
Freshen Up Nicely
To remove persistent odors, mix Â¼ cup of The Laundress Scented Vinegar with a sink full of tepid water and soak for up to 30 minutes. You may also apply a small amount of this great smelling and deodorizing miracle product directly to the target area.
Give Your Favorites a Hand
Handwashing is the best and safest way to care for delicate tights and hosiery. This will protect the color and elasticity for as long as possible.
- Fill a washbasin or sink with tepid water and add two capfuls or a squirt of The Laundress Delicate Wash.
- Soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse well, running room temperature water over the item until the rinse water is no longer soapy.
- Do not wring. Instead, press the delicate items against the sink or basin to remove the water.
Machine Wash with Care
If you must machine wash, do it gently for the best results for your favorite finds. But remember, washing machines can expose hosiery to lint, which can make color appear dull. Make sure to follow these steps to avoid common pitfalls:
1. Select the delicate cycle and cold water temperature on the washing machine.
2. Insert items into The Laundress Mesh Washing Bag to avoid tangling or snagging.
3. Add the appropriate amount of The Laundress Delicate Wash for an effective gentle cleanse.
Get Hung Up
Simply hang your hose to dry, or lay them flat on a drying rack. Don't forget to spray with The Laundress Delicate Spray to keep them fresh and smelling sweet between wearing and washing.
The Laundress Product of Perfection
Unlike other delicates formulas, The Laundress Delicate Wash contains special enzymes that remove perspiration, oil, and buildup, while remaining safe on silks. Specially formulated with cleaning enhancers and color guard, it maintains the cleanliness and color saturation of your favorite garments.
Shop This Story