With lifeguard whistles replaced by the sound of school bells, summer vacation has officially concluded and the school year is in full swing. While your kids may not be thrilled for this change in season, no one can deny the excitement for fall sports â€“ JV, varsity, college, and professional!
From soccer and football to cross country and field hockey, pesky grass stains on jerseys and uniforms are inevitable. Just as these stains are the products of a little good, clean fun, they can be lifted with the application of some good cleaning agents like our Stain Solution. Enzyme-based to fight stains right at their source, it is the ultimate remedy for tough, protein stains like grass.
Before You Wash
- Apply Stain Solution directly to any grass or soil marks.
- Work the Stain Solution into the fabric â€“ you can use our Stain Brush, an old tooth brush, or your finger!
- Pour hot water onto the area to more deeply work in the solution.
- Soak in a bath of warm water and All-Purpose Bleach Alternative for at least 30 minutes.
- If the stain has faded but isn't completely removed, repeat the process!
Launder as Normal
Washing items with grass stains in hot water makes for the most effective removal. For sports jerseys and uniforms that go through much wear and tear, wash with Sport Detergent. This will not only conquer grass stains, but will flush perspiration and body odor from performance fabrics like spandex.
*Please note that the above methods are only recommended for cotton, linen, and durable synthetics. They should not be used on items containing silk, wool, or leather.
For additional details on caring for active wear, check out our Product Spotlight on the Sport Detergent & Sport Spray!