There are few things more satisfying in life than slipping into a set of crisp, white, freshly-pressed sheets. But wait â€“ is that a rust spot from the iron?!
An experience this therapeutic shouldn't be disturbed by a silly spot. Treat your iron and bedding with a few simple steps.
Avid use of your iron can lead to rusting and unsightly spots on bedding and clothing.
- Pour a mixture of water and Â¼ cup of Scented Vinegar into the iron and let it sit overnight.
- If your iron has a steam option, run the water and white vinegar solution through its vents to ensure a thorough clean.
- Rinse the dispenser well once finished.
*It is best to clean your iron once every two months. You can get by cleaning once every three to four months if you iron less frequently, however!
- Pretreat: Apply Stain Solution directly to the â€œrustedâ€ area and gently work it into the fabric. Sprinkle All-Purpose Bleach Alternative onto the solution and mix with a Stain Brush to create a powerful cleaning paste.
- Presoak: Create a bath hot (or boiling) water and 1 capful of All-Purpose Bleach Alternative and leave your items to soak for at least 30 minutes. The bleach alternative will work to remove stains and dinginess while whitening and brightening.
- Wash: Machine wash as normal with the Signature Detergent selecting hot water.
- Dry: Machine dry only once satisfied with stain removal.
*The All-Purpose Bleach Alternative should not be used on woolens, silks, or leathers.