1. STRAIGHT JEANS | NUDIE JEANS
1. We love denim for its long-lasting durability, but are more mindful of its environmental impact. On average, it takes about 396 gallons of water to make a single pair of jeans. Lucky for us, there are now more sustainable options out there: 93.8% of the fibers used in Nudie Jeans? garments are organic, fair trade, and recycled cotton, and Levi's cottonized hemp fiber line requires much less H2O to manufacture.
2. DENIM DUO | THE LAUNDRESS
Keep your beloved denim pieces going strong with detergent that halts fading and stiffness, and a fabric freshening formula that lets you go longer between washes.
3. COMMUNITY FACE MASK | INDUSTRY OF ALL NATIONS
Want to know what’s even cooler than denim? Using denim to stay safe.
4. INDIGO THROW BLANKET | THE CITIZENRY
Wrap yourself in this soft, hand-dyed throw, crafted by a fair-trade workshop in Bamako.
5. FLOWER PATCHES | MERI MERI
Mend ripped or damaged denim with a patch that’s chic or meaningful to you. For jeans that are beyond repair or no longer fit, give ‘em another life by turning them into something else, such as a wallet or bag. We’ve also used denim repurposing services like Denim Revival or Denim Doctors on Broadway for custom alterations and repairs.
6. MESH BAG BUNDLE | THE LAUNDRESS
Protect zippers, buttons, embellishments or distressing during wash cycles by first turning your jeans inside out and popping them into a mesh bag.
7. THE PERFECT JEAN IN CLOUD LIVING | MADEWELL
As if you needed another reason to wear white after Labor Day, you can get $20 toward a pair like these by bringing old denim to a Madewell location. They'll upcycle them into housing insulation for communities in need as part of Cotton’s Blue Jeans Go Green program.
8. ALL-PURPOSE BLEACH ALTERNATIVE | THE LAUNDRESS
Keep white denim crisp by supercharging your detergent with a capful of these whitening, brightening crystals. Don’t forget to use hot water!
9. SCENTED VINEGAR | THE LAUNDRESS
Because you don’t need to wash denim after each wear, odor can settle into the fabric over time. Prior to washing, soak in a few capfuls of this odor-absorbing formula and cool water.
10. CHARLIE PUFF SLEEVE DENIM BUTTON-DOWN | FRAME
The puffy sleeves on this top give off an ultra-feminine, bohemian feel.
11. DENIM RAG WOVEN COTTEN RUG | DASH & ALBERT
Because your floors deserve to be decked out in denim, too.
12. UTILITY JUMPSUIT | AGOLDE
A jumpsuit like this one makes for an effortless look that delivers high-fashion vibes.
13. FALL ESSENTIALS KIT | THE LAUNDRESS
Denim's perfect pairs? Sweaters and blouses. Keep them clean, soft, and stain-free on the go and without the dry cleaner with this purse-sized kit.
14. MENDING MATTERS | KATRINA RODABAUGH
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), textile waste, including denim, takes up nearly 5 percent of all landfill space. Instead of tossing denim that's old, uninspiring, or damaged, teach yourself a few mending techniques. This book serves up easy-to-follow techniques like patching and slow stitching.
15. STAIN SOLUTION | THE LAUNDRESS
This magic potion does a disappearing act on old and new stains from coffee, tea, wine, and more—without affecting the wash or feel of your denim.